Saturday, September 22, 2012

Stevens, Janet and Susan Stevens Crummel. (1999). Cook-a-doodle-doo! New York: Harcourt.

Four animal friends set out to bake a strawberry shortcake. Rooster, tired of pecking for chicken feed, remembers that his famous great-grandmother (the Little Red Hen) wrote a cookbook, and in it he finds the recipe. Turtle, Iguana and Pig volunteer to help him. (Publishers Weekly, 1999).

Being an avid cook and having a ever growing collection of cookbooks this was one book I wasn't going to pass up. I liked the twist on Little Red Hen and Amelia Bedelia, which is one of my favorite books to read aloud. Having cooked with my children and grandchildren, I think this book would be a great tool to use before engaging in a first time experience in the kitchen. The information on each page explains basic cooking terms without being boring. I can't wait to try the recipe at the back. Now should this book be on the book shelf or the cookbook shelf?

No comments:

Post a Comment